Friday, January 4, 2013

Happiness is . . .

. . . a free Friday, all to myself, to sew!
After sewing a few blocks together this morning,
I remembered that snow makes an excellent backdrop for fabric photos!
(eeekkk!!! just realized I need to re-do the one on the right, the right side is reversed!)
These are the first blocks in the Sister's Ten BOM series;
fabrics are Kate Spain's Central Park.

 I'm also loving Elizabeth's Lucky Stars Paper Piecing block of the month series!
 Above is the practice block;
below is the January block.
After I finished the 12" block, I realized that I had enough scraps to make the smaller sized block, too.  How great is that?!

Linking up to Friday Felicities!

10 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! I never get tired of Central Park

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend Friday - felicitous indeed. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the paper-pieced blocks are lovely! I keep telling myself I'm going to follow along a BOM series, but I always manage to forget. Maybe this is the year I jump on the train.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, your blocks are gorgeous!! Definitely a great way to spend a Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for whole days to play, love what you made :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWee!! You are super speedy Michelle! So cool that you included the Sisters' Ten BOM is your very special Friday. The blocks look fabulous with Central Park!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh. Your lucky stars are so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks!! Love having an entire free day to do what you please...of course, sewing!

    ReplyDelete