Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Christmas Projects

I've gotten quite a few emails lately wondering about my "ornaments table runner" -- and it took me awhile to figure out that these quilters meant the Vintage Holiday Quilt pattern by Camille.  I looked at the pattern again recently, and remembered how fun and easy it was to make.  Here's the quilt I made in 2012:


And here are some blocks that I made yesterday:
This is such a quick Christmas Project!  I think I'm going to make a few of these in the next few weeks.  I have a booth at the No Coast Holiday Craft-o-rama this year (so excited!) -- and I'd like to have a few Christmas quilts completed by then to sell.

For this quilt, I used a Kate Spain 12 Days of Christmas jelly roll that I've had for a few years.  I had to modify a few of the blocks, since I only had 2 1/2 inch strips to work with.  And unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to find this fabric anymore -- so I can't make the sashing in coordinating fabric.  What a dilemma!  Lesson learned -- don't hoard fabric for too long! 

Linking up to: WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabrics for these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Christmas ornaments quilt is adorable. Is it really a "quick and easy" project? It doesn't look quick or easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable and I love that you used a jelly roll!! I have a few jelly roll but struggle with how to not make them look like jelly rolls blocks. Does that make sense? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this pattern and need to make this ASAP. It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and good luck with your craft show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look adorable! I bet the quilts will sell well at the show and I feel your pain on lovingly holding on to fabric, and then not being able to find something that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great Christmas ornament blocks and I really like your cute little helper.

    ReplyDelete