Friday, July 18, 2014

Sewvivor -- CityHouseStudio

Here is my entry into Sewvivor 3: Quilters Edition -- a New York Beauty Mini quilt.
Here you can see the small scale of this quilt -- it finishes at just under 20 inches square.

This mini quilt uses the NYB block 4 template, and some of my favorite Katie Jump Rope fabrics.  I absolutely love the KJR yellows!  This quilt was definitely a challenge to piece, but fun, too.  I loved seeing the tiny paper pieced sun's rays come together!  And I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I had to make sure that all of those curves matched up really well before I was satisfied.  I've seen NY Beauty blocks quilted in a variety of ways, but I'm really happy with how I chose to quilt it -- straight line rays in the middle, and circles that gradually widen around the edges.  
(quilt back)


Thanks so much to Rach H at Family Ever After for hosting Sewvivor 3!
I was SO thrilled to hear that it was a Quilter's Edition!

7 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! Good luck, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty little quilt! I love NYB blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the yellow & gray. super cute and tiny!
    best of luck to you in the auditions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Great work :) best, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to learn from you. good luck... Great work... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great audition piece, I really hope you are chosen, I just love it and it is so sun-shiny! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete