Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIP Wed 7/20/2011

Happy Wednesday!
I had pieced and quilted this pillow top months ago, and finally decided it was time to finish it.  I sewed up the back this weekend (forgot to take a photo of the back, darn it!), and hand stitched the binding this week while the girls were watching a puppet show.
I love how the white ties in with our white cabinets, and it really brightens up the space.  The fabric is Michael Miller's pod posy line from a few years ago.  We decorated our entire kitchen based on this fabric -- browns, blues, & yellows.


Still working on the Kaleidoscope Quilt.
I had planned to finish it today, but these crazy cats invaded my sewing space and I decided it would be more fun to play with them instead. :-)

Miraculously, I've been keeping up with the Summer Sampler Quilt Along.
I really am having fun with this one.
Much more fun than with the Farmer's Wife (NO progress on this at all this week!).
  I'm using my stash of DS Quilts fabrics, with some coordinating Kona solids. 

Summer Sampler, Block 4
I had the most fun with these this week:
These bunnies are going camping with us next week . . . 
thanks to this new Sleeping Bag pattern written by Florence at flossieteacakes.blogspot.com!
I plan to have a complete post dedicated to this, coming soon (maybe tomorrow)!

Linking up to:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

22 comments:

  1. I love how your Summer Sampler blocks are looking! And your pillow looks great too - it's amazing how much turning a block on point can change how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that pillow - seems simple but looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pillow is beautiful. Love how the white just sets everything off. QAL blocks look great too and the bunnie sleeping bags a re jsut adorable. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pillow looks fantastic. And I have to say, the pillow it's sitting on looks professionally done! Great work! Loving those bunny sleeping bags - SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Great progress! I love that pillow, and your Kaleidoscope blocks are looking great. Your sampler blocks look awesome with the coordinating solids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pillow is stunning, I love the lattice design. Love your summer sampler QAL blocks too, they are fabulous. The bunnies sleeping bags are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pillow! The sleeping bags are so cute too. My daughter would love a few for her "babies".

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your pillow!! Love your Kaleidoscope blocks, LOVE your Summer Series blocks! Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, all your projects look SO nice!! I see you used the 'original' version of SSS block 4 - your points are all perfect - nice! Just love your pillow and kaleidoscope too! wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love it all! That pillow is adorable, love the white that sets off the prints, and on point? makes it all that much better! Your kaleidoscope and summer sampler blocks look great! Busy busy lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent progress on EVERYTHING! Wow, but you've been busy. The pillow is beautiful, as are the Kaleido-blocks (and glad you took time to play). I love the bunny sleeping bags--so perfectly wonderful.

    Your blog is an inspiration!

    Elizabeth E.
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pillow is so cute and looks great with the matching cushion and corrdinating pillow. Very nice transition materials making it versitile for the different seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, those bunny sleeping bags are the cutest thing ever! Love your pillow too...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the camping bags!!! I've been having cat problems to, LOL. Each time I lay out my HSTs to decide on a layout I seem to get invaded.

    That pillow and bench cusion are just gorgeous.

    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh! OH! I *love* your pillow :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pillow and your summer sampler blocks look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that pillow. As many pillows as I've made, I've never made one with quilting. Got to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pic of your Kaleidoscope Quilt! Those sleeping bags are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the little camping bags, and they other work is looking great too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Summer Sampler blocks are just delightful, so glad you're quilting along. : ) And those little sleeping bags are adorable! My girls would LOVE those! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete