I'm so happy to have finished up this little dress-- my first "Washi" dress!
Fabric: Shelburne Falls, plaid & dot, by Denyse Schmidt.
Pattern: Washi Dress by Rae, modified just a bit. I added about 1.5 inches to the length of the top to bring the waistline down a bit. Then I started the rows of shirring a little lower too, and added a few extra. I followed Rae's video to add a bodice lining to the top -- this turned out to be an amazing way to finish the dress (genius!).
I see many more of these dresses in my future -- I'm going to try one in voile next!
|front "U" cutout -- surprisingly easy!|
|shirring on the back|
|lining layer on the inside|
And since I had extra fabric, I made a little clutch, too!
I'm entering this dress into
Rachel's Shelburne Falls contest
(Now we just need some warmer weather--
yes, that is still snow in the background!!!)