Saturday, October 5, 2013

Before & After

Before:
After!

Yes, I used to carry around my embroidery projects in a yellow file folder.
Silly!
Isn't this pouch much more fun?!

The pattern is from the book Patchwork Please, although I changed the front a bit.  Rather than making the star patchwork in the pattern, I used up an orphan block that I had on my design wall.  This made the project much quicker!  My front block was 10 inches square, so I did have to change the size, just a bit. 
 
 On the back I quilted a few straight lines,
and added one of my labels.













Linking up to Zakka Along 2.0: Patchwork Please

10 comments:

  1. I love how you changed it up! Inspires me very much to do one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect use of a random block!! Your pouch turned out great and YES much better than a file folder! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a random block that would be perfect for this! Thanks for your cute version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MUCH better than a file folder. You have inspired me... I have way too many notions stashed in Ziploc bags... I love your Star bloc. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. an excellent way to keep your bits and pieces

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! What a wonderful idea for that orphan block, Michelle. I'm loving your fabric choices too. Such a pretty and clever way to keep your embroidery goodies organized. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! What a wonderful idea for that orphan block, Michelle. I'm loving your fabric choices too. Such a pretty and clever way to keep your embroidery goodies organized. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I really love the organization in that pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, much, much better than a folder! It is so pretty, great job!

    ReplyDelete