Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Vegetable Patch Quilt


Last winter when I was in NYC for my cousin's wedding, I made sure to make time for a little shopping at Purl Soho.  Such a beautiful place, and so much fun to shop there!

One pattern that I came home with was this Vegetable Patch Quilt:
I did the appliqué on my old Elna 3007, using a short zig zag stitch.  I matched colors for the veggies but used a variegated thread on the green tops, which I love.  

In retrospect, I think it would have been better with a shorter "dirt" section and a taller "sky" section, but I made the quilt entirely out of fabrics from my stash -- and I didn't have very much of this loopy blue fabric!  So the proportions of dirt and sky are different than the pattern suggests.  I think next time I'll try the sky and dirt fabrics with Kona solids and the leaves and veggies with patterned prints.  This is one of those fun patterns that I'll definitely make again!
I'm entering this quilt into the Appliqué Category of the Bloggers Quilt Festival -- 
and also linking up with Fabric Tuesday!

4 comments: