Saturday, April 9, 2016

A New Pillow

It's been so long since I've posted photos of any projects . . . . I'm not sure what happened.

But a contest is definitely motivating!  When I read Rachel's post about a Bluebird Fabric Sew Off, I knew exactly what I wanted to make, and made it a priority to sew at least a little bit every day.  It's been a happy week of sewing, and I finished my project last night.

























I started with Camille Roskelley's Mini Dwell pattern, and used some new Cotton + Steel fabrics (Bluebird!) along with some I've had for awhile.  These tiny houses were so much fun to make!  I modified the pattern a little to make some houses without pinwheels or doors, to really show off the Bluebird fabric.  Then I arranged them in a long narrow row, and added borders to make a pillow using a pillow form I already had.  So cute!





I love how this quick little project brightened up our bedroom!




Quilted Pillow Stats
Fabric: various Cotton + Steel navy prints (Bluebird is my favorite!)
Binding: Cotton + Steel Sprinkle Counting Stars in Navy
Quilting: FMQ tiny meander in Aurifil 50wt ivory threat
Size: 11 x 24 inches
Back: Bluebird fabric, covered zipper closure





6 comments:

  1. Love it and the photographs are great! I've been a fan of your work since your farmers wife quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The quilting really makes the houses pop, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Voted for your pillow, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darn cute, Michelle!!! Glad you posted it.

    ReplyDelete