Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Works in Progress (4.23.14)

My most frustrating work in progress this week is my sewing room! 
Ice dams this winter caused some pretty major water damage, 
so we're having the walls and ceiling repaired this week.
Here are some "before" photos:
 


Wasn't it pretty?! 


And here it is now: 
It's such a mess!
I decided to move my sewing machine to our bedroom, and to just work on small projects this week, as there isn't much room to spread out.  So this week has been all about pillows!

I really love how this pillow finished up!
The paper-pieced pattern can be found here.
I added a scrappy border and hand quilted it with #8 perle cotton in cream and turquoise.
The back is a super soft turquoise minky with a zip closure, but I forgot to take a picture of it!

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the water damage. I have had that before (though not because of snow in South Texas) and it can be so frustrating. I'm sure you will get your gorgeous sewing room back together soon! The 8 point star you worked on is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about all your water damage. Bummer!! Your pillow is fabulous! I love the skinny scrappy border! I have been working on a lone starburst quilt for almost a year ~ I *think* I may just get it finished this weekend!
    I hope you are back in your sewing room before long
    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Your room will once again be beautiful : ) A beautiful pillow too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo! Sorry to hear about water damage to your sewing room. Hopefully it will be back to beautiful in no time. Love your new pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh heavens! Star Pillow = Perfection! Soooo good. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry about your sewing area! What a mess to have to deal with! At least amongst all that mess you are still creating beauty!

    Stopping by from Lee's WIP hop http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/04/wip-wednesday-april-23rd.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for managing through the mess, Michelle. It was very pretty! I hope there wasn't any damage to your sewing stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so bummed for you and hope things are back to normal soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cold weather has certainly taken a toll on your room, soon it will be all ship shape again and you can get back to your very nice space, love the cushions you have done

    ReplyDelete