Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Granny Squares

I put together my granny squares quilt top yesterday!
This has been such a fun "work in progress."
I could make these blocks all day--
& I have enough scrap fabric to do just that!





When I trim up fabric scraps, I usually try to make them fit into 2 inch squares or 1 1/2 inch squares -- and I have lots of 1 1/2 inch squares!  My Granny Square blocks are made with 2 inch squares, but I wanted to use up some 1 1/2 inch too.  So I set them on point, trimmed them to 2 inches, and then made 2 inch sashing, too.  I'm planning on hand quilting this beauty . . . someday! 
And I have so many squares left over that I'm tempted to take 2 sides of the sashing off and make this quilt a little (or alot?!?!) bigger.

 Linking up to:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
and

Scrap Attack Quilt-Along

21 comments:

  1. I like it! Very cute corner pieces. Have fun with the rest of those scraps! I'd be tempted to make it bigger too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to work on one of these. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand quilting would look really lovely! I thought about that too, but it's definitely a "someday." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sashing! It's a gorgeous quilt, can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your granny squares, Michelle! I'll love seeing the hand quilting on this one! I'm not sure I can resist making these grannies much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so great Michelle! I really need to get my scraps together and make some of these, so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your granny squares quilt. The corner pieces look great. I've made eight granny squares so far, I'm almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely, and the on point corner stones are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your granny squares Michelle....I have made a baby quilt with a little of the fabric you sent me; just not quilted yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sooooo loving your granny squares, I've yet to make any but they look lush.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely! I WILL make one of these one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! I have a project with some in mind, but will have to find the right fabric for it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. *LOVE*!! I really want to try this block after seeing it so many places... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Realllly cute! I like it alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO so SO so cute!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sashing is super cute. I love Granny squares- they're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute with the little squares in the sashing. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What size do you cut your triangles? The tutorials I've seen call for squares of white that you trim down. I think your way might be less wasteful of yardage.

    ReplyDelete