Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Works in Progress, Home from Vacation

We spent last week at Disney World,
enjoying warm weather and all things princessy.
It's good to be home!

Lately I've been obsessed with making Granny Squares.
It's just so much fun to trim scraps to size
(I'm doing 2" squares)
and arrange them in different color combinations.
I could do this all day!


 Here are a couple of my favorites.
(the color and focus seems off,
my camera was not behaving well today)


 Yesterday I finished up 8 scrappy blocks for 
This was a really fun block for using up scraps --
great idea, Paula!
Below is the aftermath!

 Right before we left on our trip,
I started this color wheel quilt,
using Rachel's tutorial through her curves class.
I'm still auditioning fabrics for the center circle and edges.
I can't decide if I want to go scrappy
or use all the same fabric.
Any thoughts?
Linking up to Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

10 comments:

  1. Love your granny squares!! I need to get to work on Paula's blocks too.

    Your wheel quilt is fun! I think I'd go with the same fabric for the center and background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the projects you are working on! glad you had fun with the scrap blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you had a great vacation!! Love your granny sqaures, those are on my list to start soon. I'm stumped on your color wheel quilt...I just bought that pattern, and was thinking of using a contrasting solid for the background of mine...my gut would say use the same...but I'm not sure! (sorry I know that was of zero help to you...) cant wait to see what you decide though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your granny squares...I am making them with vintage fabric : ) My color wheel is my WIP this week too, and I am going solid but still trying to figure out which color to go with....your wheel is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grannies are just too beautiful! Love the individual fabrics you used. PS Your Swoon block is one of my all time favorite!s Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your Granny Squares! (and yay for Disney World) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fab fussy cutting on the grannies, they look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv your farmers wife quilt from 2011, hope you didn't give that one away.
    If you want my opinion, I would go with large/thick stripes at the back of your granny circle quilt in the making or 4 very large squares or circles behind the center circle in the corners of the quilt.
    I've been making covers for cell phones,ipads and nooks and I find if I sew a cute animal or bird in fabric on them it becomes a 'have to have' item at the book club or in the family or among friends. I have to wear a phone pouch around my neck with my Tracfone SVC cell phone in for emergencies. I like the phone because it's got big keys and letters on the screen so I don't have to fish for my reading glasses and it only costs me $7/mnth for service.
    I can't wait to see your finished circle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of it! So nice to see someone else as busy as I am!! ;)
    I am totally addicted to granny squares!!

    ReplyDelete