Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tangerine Tango

This cute little asterisk mini quilt is my entry
 for the Tangerine Tango Challenge on Flickr.


One of my college roommates LOVED orange . . . 
I can still picture her in one of her many orange sweatshirts!
And I never really liked it until I started quilting.
But now I LOVE the brightness and energy
 that the color orange gives to quilts!

I did an all over pebble quilting design in the white spaces,
to make the colors pop.
I love the texture created by pebble quilting!

This mini quilt is actually a pillow -- 
for the back I used this bright "good earth" print
by Alexander Henry--
lots of the tangerine shade of orange in this print!
Linking up to Finish it up Friday at crazymomquilts!

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love your tangerine asterisk quilt! Your quilting is awesome too! So nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome!! I hope to be able to do that kind of pebble quilting some day. Love the splashes of blue in the binding too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, I love the little pops of blue on the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pebbly quilting Michelle - great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered your blog and LOVE your work. This is a great pillow top. Thanks for the tutorial on how to make the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a super cute pillow cover! I bet it would look great with a bunch of friends in other colors... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I like! Love the touch of blue in there and the pebble quilting

    ReplyDelete