Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Dresses

I seem to have made a tradition of making Easter dresses for the girls . . .
including the part about finishing the dresses at around 10pm the night before Easter!

This year I tried the Music Box Jumper dress pattern by Oliver + S.  A little scary, since I had never tried button holes, and I didn't get the pieces cut until Thursday night.  But it was a great pattern, buttonholes weren't that hard, and the girls LOVED helping me make fabric covered buttons for their dresses.
I'm super proud of the backs,
my first attempt at button holes,
and fabric covered buttons!

Our Family
Easter Sunday, 2011






Last year, I made ruffled skirts with matching appliqued shirts.  I thought they were adorable, but the girls started in on a "we only wear dresses" phase of dressing, and they hardly wore these again.  I just made up my own pattern for the skirts, and loved the way they turned out!
2010, age 4



The year 2009 was my first year of attempted "sewing" - other than quilting.
I was pretty happy with how these dresses turned out, but then Holly threw up all over herself during our Easter brunch (very unusual - can you imagine how crushed I was?!).  So there are very few pictures of the girls in these matching dresses!
2009, age 3
Linking up here:
Fresh Poppy Design

12 comments:

  1. Oh, these are just so pretty! Well worth the effort, I love how they turned out. Your girls are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresses are adorable and so are your models! After having 4 grandsons in the past 7 years, we are expecting our first 2 grand-daughters in May and June. Let the girly-ness begin! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable - both the girls and the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I love this idea! And those jumper dresses are just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they look so cute in their dresses! And you made it in the nick of time! What is that birdie fabric that you used?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have that tradition! The jumps look great! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stikin adorable! Seriously love the easter dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute - the dresses and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute dresses, michelle!! the birdie print is sweet and the girls look adorable : ) really nice family picture too!

    how do you post your photos? i like your layout. also, i can't figure out how to fix my info so we can send messages back and forth .... send me an email when you have time : )

    have a great day!
    jeremi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dresses. You picked such cute fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute dresses - love the bird fabric. The pocket flaps and covered buttons are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete