Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pillow Party

Blogger's Pillow Party

This is the last month of the blogger's pillow party,
and I almost missed the deadline!

I finished up this string quilt pillow for Holly's bed this week.
The fabrics are from Amy Butler's Ginger Bliss fabric line, and coordinate with the quilt on her bed and also my Sliced Coins Quilt that I made earlier this year.




This pillow is reversible!
Made from leftover scraps (inspired by a similar tree pillow here),
I did FMQ in the purple background, then
finished it with an invisible zipper.  
I think I love both sides equally!

Cozy bedtime reading spot in Holly's room

This is Holly's explanation of the Pillow Party --
 she brought this home from kindergarten one day!
Translation: 
"My mom is working on a pillow contest.  Maybe you do not know what a pillow contest is, well a pillow contest is when moms get together and have a pillow party."
Sounds like fun, huh?

Linking up to:


SilverLily Likes to Sew

13 comments:

  1. That explanation is priceless! And your pillow is gorgeous! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillow! It looks so great with the sliced coins quilt! Good luck in the contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillow is just amazing!!! btw Thank you for the translation!!!ooohhh so adorable!!!
    Good Luck Michelle!!!
    xo
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, wow! That pillow and the quilt are amazing together. My mission for the summer is to sew more for my own kids - I'm always making stuff for other people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that translation is so cute! And great idea to have a reversible pillow. Both sides are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. both of these items are adorable. good luck on the contest, looks like a winner to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!! I want to know where the zip is, and what one looks like before you set it in! I hate putting in zips....your pillow is beautiful1!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh beautiful! I don't usually like string quilts, but this really drew me in, I think it's because the colours are all similar. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I love your daughter's sign. I want one! Thanks for joining in on the Pillow Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love your string pillow! I have been wanting to try that block for quite some time, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this pillow. SO pretty. Great colors and I always love string quilts. Thanks for linking up with Finished It Up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this pillow!!! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colours in the first pillow; clever use of scraps in the second. Well done.

    ReplyDelete