Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lexi's Room

Have you seen this tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew for Sprocket Pillows?
As soon as I saw these pillows, I couldn't wait to make one (or 2)!


I have a bunch of Kona solids left over from the Bottled Rainbows Quilt Along, and this was the perfect little project to use some of it! 


This tutorial is so nicely done.  Great photos and instructions.


I couldn't get the templates to print to the right size, though, so I just used my 30 degree triangle ruler, and cut 7 1/2 inch wedges.
Inspiration for the pillow, Lexi's rug
(from Land of Nod a few years ago)
Lexi's Reading Nook
Balloons on the back side


The chair in Lexi's room is an old chair my parents had in our living room when I was growing up.  It's super comfy!  I had planned to have it recovered, but the yellow (probably was known as harvest gold, or something like that in the 70's!) actually fits in ok in this Rainbow Lover's bedroom.


The quilt on the back of the chair was made by my lovely and talented friend Amber, as a baby gift.  The sheep (aka Marshmallow) is from this tutorial at Purl Bee.  The girls and I are planning to make a few more of these for Easter gifts -- it's a super fun, easy, and kid friendly project (I just use fleece or soft minky fabric instead of wool, as the tutorial suggests!).


Of course, Holly needed one, too!


Linking up to:
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

7 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! way too cute.....I have to try one of those....and I love your banner quilt hanging on the wall....lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I have to add to my list. You did a great job :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! What a great little pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on your tumbler quilt! I love that pillow...what a great idea to use your Bottled Rainbow Scraps. I so love your blog, I'm really glad I'm a follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pillow! I think I'm going to have to make a few myself! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! It fits in her room just perfectly! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

    And...CONGRATS on the MBS news! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute pillows michelle! love the bright colors and the pastels -- and the pic of holly is really sweet : )

    ReplyDelete