Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Works in Progress

 Linking up to: WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Project #1: Rainbow Pennants Blocks
After I organized all of my scraps for Stitched in Color's Bottled Rainbows Quilt-Along, I had this idea for making pennant blocks out of the different colors.  I love how the red block looks, but am not so sure about the others.  But I think it will be a happy, colorful quilt (someday) for Lexi's room.  She LOVES rainbows -- the other day she said "Mommy, I just love rainbows.  I draw at least one every day."


Project #2:  Continued indecision about how to quilt my Double Hourglass Quilt.  So I made up this littler version, and am trying out hand quilting in circles.  Not sure that I would actually want to hand quilt the larger one, but at least the circles help me visualize how it might look.


Project #3:  Get Tallulah cat off this quilt long enough to complete the layout and piece the rows.  I'm following this tutorial at Moda Bake Shop, using charm packs of Wee Woodlands by Moda.  This has been a fun and easy project!



Holly's Pillows: one done, one to go!  I'll probably do a separate post on this when both pillows are done.  On the first one, I did a string quilt for one side and a purple tree on the other, and closed it up with an invisible zipper.  This way, she can decide which side she likes better or change it every day!





Projects on shelf and in closet, waiting to be finished (or started): too many to count!

16 comments:

  1. oh wow, I love your rainbow pennants, very cool! Your double hourglass top is really awesome. When I can't decide on quilting i usually stalk flickr and see what everyone else has done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your rainbow quilts, especially how the pennants vary in size between the blocks! I agree with Becky - check out what other folks have done for a similar quilt pattern on flickr. Can't wait to see what you decide on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially love your double hour glass quilt - how beautiful!! Love your hand quilted circles on the small version, but (wow) on the big version?! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pennants are very cool! As is your circle stitching on those hourglass blocks,which are also cool! Just cool WIPS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those rainbow pennants! Definitely keep going on that one. The hand-quilted circles on the hourglass quilt look great. It definitely changes the look of the double-hourglass pattern (in a cool way). It makes it look like the blocks are spinning or something!

    Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pennants look great! I've thought about making a pillow from that design after seeing a tutorial online, but I like how yours are actually patches inside the block, not appliqued on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I love it all! Your rainbow penants looks great, thats such an awesome idea, and will make such a cool quilt. Love your circle quilting on the double hourglass! I'm thinking of possibly something similar for my Drunkard Path circle doll quilt. Great WIPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My you have been busy....they all look great..I love the banners....and the hourglass quilt is very pretty...what can I say; everything is great....the pillow....very sweet...nice work

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the rainbows pennants are wonderful. And the hand quilting is fabulous. Just think of the big quilt as a long-term Glee or movie project. Something cozy to keep you warm as you quilt it. There is no time line for a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like those pennant blocks, definitely! They're great! And your pillows are just lovely as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow everything looks great, but those pennant blocks are AMAZING! Such a cute design! Happy WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some wonderful projects! I adore those pennant blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pennant blocks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun projects! I love the pendants!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh, the pennants are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete